Thursday, July 29, 2010

John Paul Thurlow - Cover Drawings










'One more hipster contributing to the end of western civilization'

Yes that's me! It's the end of the world, one magazine at a time... I'm part of the generation that never made anything new. Supposedly.

This is an attempt to recreate cover art for every great magazine and record I own. And with each Cover I take a perfect mass-produced object and turn it into a fucked up one-off, full of my thoughts and feelings.

From time to time this blog will feature work outside the Covers series - commissions, fashion illustrations, scamps, type, random shit - drop me a line if you'd like to collaborate on something special.

What is Lyric Type? Song lyrics that get stuck in my brain rerendered in hand drawn type.



John Paul Thurlow Cover Illustrations

Check out these awesome cover illustrations by artist John Paul Thurlow.


Found Here: http://vectroave.com/2009/12/cover-illustrations-by-john-paul-thurlow/

No comments: